Working hard each and every day.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

We Are All Equals

 Tolerance - Discrimination

We never chose to be this way,
and yet you put us all away.
And Yet we endure the pain.
Our skin is different,
so you affront us.
But we stay strong to who we are.
Our culture is different,
so you pressure us to suture yours.
But we keep our beliefs.
My gender is different
but why must be be treated as such?
I can show you I'm the same as you.
My clothes, my height, my weight, my name, my hair colour,
We are different but we are special in all our own ways.

Hey everyone. Welcome back from the Thanksgiving weekend, I hope you had a great time with your families!
Today's topic is Tolerance and Discrimination. This is a global issue and I think it was great that my teacher ( Ms.Crosbie ) addressed this. I chose to write a poem to express my views on this, it doesn't really rhyme but I hope I got my point across. The blue text is to show words and ways people discriminate others while as the red shows how we put up with it.Such as  how we tolerate abuse and harsh words! People put people down just for being ourselves and it's wrong. No one should have to put up with pain for being born a certain way. We are all amazing,

We are all, Equals.

-Sam

2 comments: