Working hard each and every day.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What is Life?

Hello fellow Bloggers!
It's been a while since I've posted and now that my teacher has given us a new assignment, I have a reason to put something up!

Ms.Crosbie has been teaching us the use of "Metaphors" in poetry. A Metaphor is the comparison of two things without using like or as.
Ex. Education is a lifeboat in the ocean of the American Job Market.

Since we now know what Metaphors are I will show you the list of Metaphors to life she gave us.

Metaphors for Life

Life is...

...a game

...a dream

... a movie

... a song

... a battle

... a dance

... a journey

... a party

... an opportunity

... a mystery

The assignment was to choose one of the Metaphors that relates to life the most to us.
I chose the statement "Life Is A Game".I chose this statement because to me, life is just something that you set up for yourself and go to expect the best. Let's use the actual game of "Life" as an example. You set up all the pieces and the paths you could take and roll the die to see where you will go. You get a number and move forward in life. Kind of like going to sleep and experiencing the next day. Perhaps on your next roll you get a special treat or surprise card. That is like one day getting sudden news that you won something or maybe that you get a treat at Mc.Donald's that day.

To me life is just a game that you play each day. You can play a gambling game of life, just living on bets and never knowing what is going to happen next. Or you can play a scientific game. Learning about possible out comes and things you have to do to make life more exciting. There are many ways Life is like a game, since you never know what is going to happen the next day. It's all like a game of Chess I suppose. Some people are pawns and others have to move in certain directions to make moves happen.

So, that is why I think life is like a game. Life is just something that happens and has many unexpected moves.

Thanks for reading!
I'd love to hear your opinions on what Metaphor best suits life.

Now that this is done I should get back to
work on our final literacy project

No comments:

Post a Comment